'-Goldtone over genuine brass
- Hand-painted French enamel
- Meticulously handcrafted in the USA
- Pendant is 1 and 1/2-inches long & 1 and 1/4-inches wide
- Available in a 18-inch chain with 3"extender
- Package includes: Necklace Image of complete painting with provenance - Artist self portrait with bio - Certificate of Authenticity from Van Gogh Museum.
|Vincent van Gogh (1853 - 1890)
oil on canvas, 92.7 x 73.9 cm
Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam (Vincent van Gogh Foundation)
Van Gogh painted this still life in the psychiatric hospital in Saint-Rémy. For him, the painting was mainly a study in colour. He set out to achieve a powerful colour contrast. By placing the purple flowers against a yellow background, he made the decorative forms stand out even more strongly. The irises were originally purple. But as the red pigment has faded, they have turned blue. Van Gogh made two paintings of this bouquet. In the other still life, he contrasted purple and pink with green.