Van Gogh Equestrian Teardrop Pendant
- -22kt gold over genuine brass
- -Hand-painted French enamel
- -Meticulously handcrafted in the USA
- -Pendant is 2-inches long & 1½-inches wide
- -18-inch goldtone chain
- -Package includes: Necklace - Image of complete painting with provenance - Artist self portrait with bio - Certificate of Authenticity from Van Gogh Museum.
Vincent van Gogh (1853 - 1890)
For this study in oils, Van Gogh used a small plaster model of a horse. He was then studying at the Antwerp art academy. There drawing was taught with the help of models like these, but painting had to be practiced at home. He painted this little horse on cardboard instead of canvas, because that was much cheaper. The model was preserved by the Van Gogh family through the years. It is now part of the Van Gogh Museum collection.