- Two fabulous styles in one-because who has time to go home and change.
- -Brilliantly conceived by Erwin Pearl
- -22kt gold over jeweler’s metal
- -Hand-painted French enamel
- -Meticulously handcrafted in the USA
- -3/4 inch
- -Van Gogh design reverses to polished gold tone
- -Patented comfort clip [Patent #5.829.273]
- -Pierced or Clip
- -Proudly made in the USA
- -Package includes: Earrings - Image of complete painting with provenance - Artist self portrait with bio - Certificate of Authenticity from Van Gogh Museum.
Vincent van Gogh (1853 - 1890)
Van Gogh’s paintings of Sunflowers are among his most famous. He did them in Arles, in the south of France, in 1888 and 1889. Vincent painted a total of five large canvases with sunflowers in a vase, with three shades of yellow ‘and nothing else’. In this way, he demonstrated that it was possible to create an image with numerous variations of a single colour, without any loss of eloquence. The sunflower paintings had a special significance for Van Gogh: they communicated ‘gratitude’, he wrote. He hung the first two in the room of his friend, the painter Paul Gauguin, who came to live with him for a while in the Yellow House. Gauguin was impressed by the sunflowers, which he thought were ‘completely Vincent’. Van Gogh had already painted a new version during his friend’s stay and Gauguin later asked for one as a gift, which Vincent was reluctant to give him. He later produced two loose copies, however, one of which is now in the Van Gogh Museum.