Description and Details
Erwin Pearl’s exciting new collaboration with The New York Botanical Garden utilizes the Garden’s diverse flora, architecture and rare illustrated works to create a timeless collection of fashion jewelry and accessories.
Reversible Hugs offer a day-to-night look in one pair of earrings.
- 2 fabulous styles in 1 earring
- 3/4 inch
- 22k Gold-plated
- Hand-painted French enamel
- Each piece bears the official seal of the New York Botanical Garden
- Each purchase supports the New York Botanical Garden
- Package includes: Image of complete painting with provenance
- Artist self-portrait with biography
- Certificate of Authenticity from Van Gogh Museum
- Made in the USA
- Designed to be comfortable and easy to wear
Vincent van Gogh (1853 - 1890)
Van Gogh painted this still life in the psychiatric hospital in Saint-Rémy. For him, the painting was mainly a study in colour. He set out to achieve a powerful colour contrast. By placing the purple flowers against a yellow background, he made the decorative forms stand out even more strongly. The irises were originally purple. But as the red pigment has faded, they have turned blue. Van Gogh made two paintings of this bouquet. In the other still life, he contrasted purple and pink with green.