Van Gogh Goldtone Irises Necklace
Description and Details
The Van Gogh Collection is inspired by the masterpieces of Vincent van Gogh. Each of these beautiful pieces is hand crafted in the USA and bears the official seal of approval of The Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. Each piece is packaged with a packet containing a certificate of authenticity, a van Gogh biography, a self portrait, and the painting that the piece was based upon, bearing the provenance of the painting on the reverse side.
- Pendant is 2 inches long & 1 1/2 inches wide
- 18 inch chain
- 22k Gold-plated
- Hand-painted French enamel
- Package includes: Image of complete painting with provenance. Artist self portrait with biography. Certificate of Authenticity from Van Gogh Museum.
- Each piece bears official seal of approval of The Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam.
- Made in the USA
- Designed to be comfortable and easy to wear
Vincent van Gogh (1853 - 1890)
Van Gogh painted this still life in the psychiatric hospital in Saint-Rémy. For him, the painting was mainly a study in colour. He set out to achieve a powerful colour contrast. By placing the purple flowers against a yellow background, he made the decorative forms stand out even more strongly. The irises were originally purple. But as the red pigment has faded, they have turned blue. Van Gogh made two paintings of this bouquet. In the other still life, he contrasted purple and pink with green.