Description and Details
The Van Gogh Collection is inspired by the masterpieces of Vincent van Gogh. Painted in 1890 in honor of his newborn nephew named after him. "Almond Blossoms" was his beautiful homage to spring rebirth and life's promise renewed in new generations.
Each of these beautiful pieces is hand crafted in the USA and bears the official seal of approval of The Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. Each piece is packaged with a packet containing a certificate of authenticity, a van Gogh biography, a self portrait, and the painting that the piece was based upon, bearing the provenance of the painting on the reverse side.
- 1 inch wide
- Diameter: Small is 2 1/2 inch, Medium is 2 5/8, Large is 2 7/8
- 22k Gold-plated
- Hand-painted French enamel
- Package includes: Image of complete painting with provenance. Artist self portrait with biography. Certificate of Authenticity from Van Gogh Museum.
- Each piece bears official seal of approval of The Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam.
- Made in the USA
- Designed to be comfortable and easy to wear
Vincent van Gogh (1853 - 1890)
Large blossom branches like this against a blue sky were one of Van Gogh’s favourite subjects. Almond trees flower early in the spring making them a symbol of new life. Van Gogh borrowed the subject, the bold outlines and the positioning of the tree in the picture plane from Japanese printmaking. The painting was a gift for his brother Theo and sister-in-law Jo, who had just had a baby son, Vincent Willem. In the letter announcing the new arrival, Theo wrote: ‘As we told you, we’ll name him after you, and I’m making the wish that he may be as determined and as courageous as you.’ Unsurprisingly, it was this work that remained closest to the hearts of the Van Gogh family. Vincent Willem went on to found the Van Gogh Museum.